HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER:
- You can sign up online at www.nasaproracing.com, click on login. On the login screen highlight the bubble that says “No, help me login” and click continue. On the next page highlight the bubble that says “No, I am new to NASA” and click continue. The next page is the sign up page, just enter your information.
- Each membership is $45.00 and needs to be renewed every year
HOW TO REGISTER IF YOU CANNOT DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM
- You can register online at www.nasaproracing.com; login, click on Event Registration, scroll down to the Texas Region and click on the date and track you wish to register for.
- Or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and get a word copy of the entry form sent to you via email
- You can fax your entry form to (303) 845-6784, or email your entry form to email@example.com
HOW TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE CREDIT FROM A PREVIOUS EVENT
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after the missed event, telling us that you would like to forward your entry to a future event, and please specify which event that will be.
- Send another email two to three weeks before the event you want to use your credit at along with a filled out registration form which you can email or fax.
- At the bottom of the registration form add a note that indicates what specific event you are using a credit from
- There is a $50.00 transfer / cancellation fee, you can pay this fee with check, credit card, or cash at the track.
HOW TO REGISTER IF YOU ARE A TEAM
- If you are a team you need to fill out the team declaration form and turn it in to Jessica at the beginning of each season.
- The second driver will need to fill out the second driver form for each event and pay $50.00 - if the driver is in the same run group
- If the second driver is running is a different run group they will need to fill out a separate registration
HOW TO REGISTER IF YOU HAVE SOME DRIVING EXPERIENCE
- If you have some experience driving with another sanctioning body you do not have to start in HPDE1 with NASA (unless you would feel more comfortable signing up in HPDE1)
- How to get information about HPDE or Competition license school if it’s your first time with NASA
- If it’s your first time participating in a NASA Texas event there are many resources to finding out information.
- You can email email@example.com for general questions regarding the schedule and registration
- If you have specific questions about HPDE or Competition license school please refer to the contacts page of the www.nasatx.com website.
HOW TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR REGISTRATION ONCE IT HAS BEEN SUBMITTED
- If you need changes to be made to your registration send the changes to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or you can make changes at the event, just go to registration and fill out a change and correct form
- You are able to make changes from the time you sign until the end of the race weekend
- Make sure that your profile on the NASA National website is up to date so that when you register the most updated information is sent in.
HOW TO JOIN TIME TRIAL GROUP
- Get a dozen or so HPDE event experience. NASA and similar groups are acceptable. Once you are driving in a "pass in corners with a point-by group" or higher see the next step. If you already hold a competition license with another group that NASA recognizes (i.e., most except LeMons race licenses) skip to the fourth step.
- Sign up for a NASA DE3 / 4 weekend and find an instructor to give you a "check-ride". The Chief Instructor and / or Classroom Instructor can assist with pairing you up with someone if needed. The check-ride instructor will be looking for a high level of traffic, flag, and situational awareness, evaluating your ability to run a decently quick pace for your car, and evaluating your ability to drive on line as well as off line like you might see in a passing situation. Each are must-haves to be able to safely participate with the Time Trials group and are non-negotiable. Time Trials with most regions (including Texas) is run with fully open passing and runs at an intensity somewhere between a race practice and race qualifying session.
- After a successful check-ride you will be cleared to run for one provisional weekend with the TT group. Else, you will need to improve on specific areas in order to progress. This is necessary to keep things safe and fun for all of our participants.
- Fill out a current year car classification form and a current year time trials license application. Both can be downloaded from www.nasa-tt.com. Turn in the car class form to me to go into "the book", and hang on to the license application until towards the end of the weekend. You will also need to give your car class, car number, transponder number, and any other pertinent information to registration so you will show up on the results.
- Enjoy the rest of your weekend in the TT group. Upon successful completion of the weekend with minimal offs / spins and no incidents you will be signed off for your license and will be able to compete in any NASA Time Trials group nationwide after you submit your form per the instructions on the application.
HOW TO GET A PROVISIONAL LICENSE OR COMPETITION LICENSE
Provisional / Competition License (PDF)
- You must have an up to date copy of the NASA CCR in your possession while attending any NASA Event
- Know the CCR’s - Appendix A, Appendix B, Sections 15 (safety Equipment), 16 (vehicle safety inspection), 18 (General Competition Vehicle Rules), 19 (Flags, signals, and Communication), 20 (Competition Format), 23 (Participant Conduct), 25 (on course conduct), etc.** The listed items are only a suggestion- All sections of the CCR should be well know to each participant.
- You need to have an up to date copy of the class rules for the series in which you compete
- Make sure you know who the NASA Officials are! It is our job to make sure you have a safe and fun racing weekend - we are here for YOU!
- Membership: NASA Pro Racing Membership Details
- Provisional License Application: (PDF)
- Competition License Application: (PDF)
- Medical Form: Medical (PDF)
- Memberships expire on the date of your last renewal / the date you first joined
- Competition Licenses expire at the END OF EACH CALENDER YEAR
- Medicals expire as indicated on the medical form and/ or comp license, based on the age of the applicant.